Thursday, May 24, 2012

Spicy Sweet n Sour Cucumber

I'm not much of a cook, but sometimes I pick something out of a recipe book just for fun. I don't stick to the ingredients entirely. This time I spiced the basic recipe up with the little hot red pepper flakes I get at the  pizza place. The fennel gives it flavor.

1 large cucumber sliced thin
1/2 fennel bulb sliced thin
1/2 medium onion sliced fine
2 cloves garlic cut in half
2 sprigs fresh dill
1 1/2 c vinegar
1 1/2 c sugar
3 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp red chilli pepper flakes

Rinse and sterilize a glass container large enough to accommodate the dry ingredients.
Combine the vinegar and remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
Boil and pour over the vegetables in the container.
Seal tightly and chill

The basic recipe was taken from an old book called Biblical Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment